DAY 13 of the #Wildlove30days yoga challenge 🌿
One of my absolute favourites and one of the best postures to stretch those thighs! Great for creating mobility in the hips and legs and an absolute must if you love running or any resistance training. Do you have a love/hate relationship with low lunge? Let's take time to love it!
Low Lunge - Anjaneyasana
1. Starting from standing, on your exhale gently fold forward with both knees bent bringing the hands to the ground. Soften through the upper body with every breath out.
2. Step as far back as you can with the right foot and bring the right knee down. Align the left knee and ankle, the sole of the foot is flat and supportive. Inhale lift the heart towards and beyond the left knee exhale to soften the pelvis down towards the floor.
3. Finding a little traction by guiding both feet towards each other (this is a direction of awareness, you don't actually move the feet!) Hands can rest on the front knee, hands to heart, or if you feel comfortable reach the arms high!
4. Why not test your balance by coming into the tip toes of the front foot? Take 5 - 10 deep breaths and feel a release through the hips. Just delicious! Don't forget to do both sides!
+ Stretches the thighs, hip flexors and hips.
+ Strengthens ankles, feet, inner and outer thighs.
+ Releases lower back pain.
+ Creates mobility for the hips and lower body.
+ Aids reproductive health.
Tips & adjustments:
- Place support underneath the knee that rests upon the ground.
- Use blocks underneath the hands to help elevate upper body.
- Can be approached from standing with a chair resting in front to hold onto.
- For a deeper thigh stretch elevate the back knee!
✨ Take a photo of your posture and share it on Facebook/Instagram with the tag @wildlove_yoga #wildlove30days
✨If you practice and share everyday you have the chance to win a brand new COMBO YOGA MAT from @yogadesignlab (you can choose your design so get looking!)
✨Members to the website (its free to sign up!) Can access the video library for the challenge and enjoy posture breakdowns.
Have fun and enjoy!
#yogalife #yogalove #yogapractice #yogalive #yogaflow #keeppracticing #loveyoga #vinyasa #meditation #gratitude #yogauk #yogateacher #yogacommunity #yogainspiration #vinyasaflow #yogaworcestershire #yoga #onlineyoga #30dayyogachallenge #yogaclasses #yogaposes #yogapostures #yogajournal #yogaprogress