Day 15 of the #wildlove30days yoga challenge!
One of my all time favourite postures! Why?! WHO KNOWS! It's a posture that requires strength, flexibility, focus and patience all rolled into one, I love the challenge. This posture has taught me a lot about myself, never give up, keep trying, find grace, when you fall out just get back up and start again.
Extended Hand to big toe - Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana
1. From standing bring the feet hip distance apart. Find a focus point on the floor or wall and shift the weight of the body into the left foot.
2. Finding your balance slowly bring the right knee towards the chest, flex the foot. This is our first variation!
3. Once you feel happy with your balance, guide the right fingers to the inside or outside of the right knee. Using the hand as guidance lift up through the leg and waist and open the right knee to the right handside.
4. Encouraging the spine and upper body to be tall and structured draw the core in and stack the shoulders over the hips.
5. To move deeper catch a hold of the right foot with the right hand and gently begin to stand up tall again. This will still open the hip! As you find your balance and the hip opens slowly begin straightening the leg by pushing through the heel.
6. This posture takes time and practice so honour those layers you move through each time you come and enjoy this posture. If you have found a spark of space, stillness and silence test yourself and look the opposite direction!
7. Bring the leg down slow and controlled when you are coming out of the pose, have a little wiggle and shake and repeat the other side!
+ Any balance brings focus to the mind.
+ Strengthens legs, ankles and feet.
+ Opens the hips & hamstrings.
+ Strengthens the glutes and core.
+ Build discipline with the concentration and will power!
✨ Take a photo of your posture and share it on Facebook/Instagram with the tag @wildlove_yoga #wildlove30days
✨ If you practice and share everyday you have the chance to win a brand new COMBO YOGA MAT from @yogadesignlab (you can choose your design so get looking!)
✨ To view the full video tutorial LOG IN as a member (its free!)
Have fun and enjoy!
#yogalife #yogalove #yogapractice #yogalive #yogaflow #keeppracticing #loveyoga #vinyasa #meditation #gratitude #yogauk #yogateacher #yogacommunity #yogainspiration #vinyasaflow #yogaworcestershire #yoga #onlineyoga #30dayyogachallenge #yogaclasses #boatpose #navasana #coreyoga #strongcore #corebalance #yogaposes #yogapostures #yogajournal #yogaprogress