DAY 16 of the #Wildlove30days yoga challenge! 🌿
Let’s take rest in our child’s pose, a posture that offers protection and allows us to withdraw into ourselves to find peace, calm and clarity. If you're feeling a little overwhelmed, over stimulated or a little stressed, this pose will help you create balance. Child's pose can be wonderful as a resting pose in your favourite flow class but also gorgeous as a Yin posture for 5-10 minutes.
Child's Pose - Balasana
1. Starting from a table top position, part the knees to the width of the mat. Be mindful you can adapt this anyway, the knees can be closer, or wider.
2. If you have discomfort within the knees try rolling a blanket and placing behind the crease of the knee, or elevate the chest with cushions.
3. Extend the arms forwards down the length of the mat, relaxing the palms and the waist.
4. Soften through the weight of your pelvis and guide it back towards the heels. Soften your belly, chest and head. Feel free to use a cushion or block beneath the forehead.
5. If you want to rest into this with the principles of Yin, add support under the chest (pillows!) so you can relax for a long period of time, no force, no effort.
Tips & adjustments:
- Elevate the head with a block.
- Support the backs of the knees with a rolled up blanket.
- Approach the posture as a Yin variation and prop yourself up!
- To much on the knees or hips lie on your back and hug the knees to the chest.
✨ Take a photo of your posture and share it on Facebook/Instagram with the tag @wildlove_yoga #wildlove30days
✨If you practice and share everyday you have the chance to win a brand new COMBO YOGA MAT from @yogadesignlab (you can choose your design so get looking!)
✨MEMBERS to the website can access the video library for the daily posture tutorials!
(it's absolutely free to sign up!)
Have fun and enjoy!
#yogalife #yogalove #yogapractice #yogalive #yogaflow #keeppracticing #loveyoga #vinyasa #meditation #gratitude #yogauk #yogateacher #yogacommunity #yogainspiration #vinyasaflow #yogaworcestershire #yoga #onlineyoga #30dayyogachallenge #yogaclasses #boatpose #navasana #coreyoga #strongcore #corebalance #yogaposes #yogapostures #yogajournal #yogaprogress