Day 22 of the #wildlove30days yoga challenge!
A challenging posture that requires flexibility within the back of the legs, open hips, balance and an air of determination! A great pose that will help you build clarity and focus within the mind.
Revolved Triangle Pose - Parivrtta Trikonasana
1. Starting from standing, feet hip distance apart, take a step back with the right foot.
Align the hips towards the front edge of the mat, allowing you back foot to point towards the front right corner of the mat (thereabout's, allow your hips to open rather than forcing the knee or foot.)
2. The legs are straight and the heels and toes press down, resting the hands on the hips, take an inhalation and lengthen the spine and waist, as you exhale pivot forward over the front leg guiding the heart forwards.
3. To create the twist within your triangle rest your right hand on the left thigh, shin or foot. You can roll the left elbow up towards the ceiling, rest the left hand on the lower back or reach up high with the left hand.
4. We now begin to explore reaching the heart towards the left hand side of the room, chest and collarbones are long, the crown of the head reaching forward.
5. Every exhale think about twisting deeper from the waist.
6. Maintain your balance and keep the hips parallel to the front edge of the mat.
+ Stretches the hamstrings, glutes, hips, waist & chest.
+ Strengthens ankles, feet, inner and outer thighs.
+ Releases lower back pain.
+ Creates mobility for the hips and lower body.
+ Aids reproductive health.
Tips & adjustments:
- Use blocks underneath the hands to help elevate upper body.
- Can be approached from standing with a chair resting in front to hold onto.
- For a deeper stretch widen the stance!
✨ Take a photo of your posture and share it on Facebook/Instagram with the tag @wildlove_yoga #wildlove30days
✨If you practice and share everyday you have the chance to win a brand new COMBO YOGA MAT from @yogadesignlab (you can choose your design so get looking!)
✨Members to the website (its free to sign up!) Can access the video library for the challenge and enjoy posture breakdowns.
Have fun and enjoy!
#yogalife #yogalove #yogapractice #yogalive #yogaflow #keeppracticing #loveyoga #vinyasa #meditation #gratitude #yogauk #yogateacher #yogacommunity #yogainspiration #vinyasaflow #yogaworcestershire #yoga #onlineyoga #30dayyogachallenge #yogaclasses #yogaposes #yogapostures #yogajournal #yogaprogress