Day 3 of the #wildlove30days yoga challenge!
Butterfly posture will always be a posture that I include in any practice, even if I practice for 10 minutes this would be in there somewhere! Did you know you can do this in a passive way lying in bed? Follow the guidance below but in a reclined position, it's so lovely to release the hips and lower back before bed. This is a posture that opens the hips but can be very therapeutic for reproductive health and menstruation. It also helps stimulate the root chakra (grounding) and aids digestion.
Butterfly Pose - Baddha Konasana
1. Starting from seated, let’s sit on cushions to create an anterior tilt of the pelvis, as if you were going to slip off the front of the cushion.
2. Bring the soles of the feet together and allow the knees to fall apart, you can have the heels close to the groin or further away, enjoy the variation each time you practice.
3. If you would like to support under the other thighs feel free. Let’s sit here for 5 - 10 long deep breaths, as the hips open over time allow the body to fold forwards.
4. Working into the posture with the principles of Yin, still, supported and quiet, there is no force, no pulling, no effort.
5. You can explore different variations with the hands (see video by logging in) as the hips open you will find moving forwards easier and may be able to grasp the feet. If you can hold the feet, hug the elbows in and thread the heart forwards between the upper arms. Find your depth, your edge and breathe!
6. Inhaling to create a lightness within the heart and exhaling to soften within the pelvis. Notice what comes up and breathe into the sensations.
+ A grounding pose that connects to the Muladhara Chakra
+ It opens the inner thighs, hips, groin, releases lower back discomfort.
+ Relieves abdominal and reproductive discomfort.
+ Helps circulation
+ Eases fatigue
✨ Take a photo of your posture and share it on Facebook/Instagram with the tag @wildlove_yoga #wildlove30days
If you practice and share everyday you have the chance to win a brand new COMBO YOGA MAT from @yogadesignlab (you can choose your design so get looking!)
Members to the website can access the video library for the challenge and enjoy posture breakdowns!
Have fun and enjoy!
#yogalife #yogalove #yogapractice #yogalive #yogaflow #keeppracticing #loveyoga #vinyasa #meditation #gratitude #yogauk #yogateacher #yogacommunity #yogainspiration #vinyasaflow #yogaworcestershire #yoga #onlineyoga #30dayyogachallenge #yogaclasses #boatpose #navasana #coreyoga #strongcore #corebalance #yogaposes #yogapostures #yogajournal #yogaprogress