Day 6 of the #wildlove30days yoga challenge!
Triangle pose is a posture that strengthens the legs, opens the hips and side body and requires a fair amount of focus and balance! Enjoy opening the body within this standing posture, find spaciousness across the chest and stay open!
Pose: Triangle Pose - Trikonasana
1. Starting from standing step back with the right foot. Part the feet 3 quarters width of the mat, much like our wide leg forward fold! Rotate the left toes towards the front (short) edge of the mat and the right toes to the right hand side (long edge).
2. Allow the pelvis to have freedom of movement and find a soft opening to the right, if you have any discomfort within your right knee, adjust your back foot or bring the stance closer.
2. Remember to soften through the hips, both legs are straight. Inhale to reach the arms wide palms facing down, exhale to extend your left hand and arm beyond the left foot, keep reaching!
3. Rest the left hand on the left thigh, shin, floor or a block. The chest is still open to the right hand side of the room, encourage the left lung and heart up towards the ceiling. Draw the core in, hug the lower ribs to extend the waist and lower back. Find energy as you firm the feet down. (Take note of photo 2, how would/should you adjust here to create more space?)
4. With each breath lengthen the collar bones, keep the arms and legs active!
5. Enjoy for 5-10 long deep breaths. Repeat the other side!
Tips and adjustments:
- If you find the chest and upper body lean forward try bringing the front hand higher up the leg. This is to ensure the movement comes from the pelvis rather than the waist. (2nd photo!)
- Avoid putting any pressure on the 'front' knee.
- If the neck and shoulders feel comfortable look up at the 'top' hand.
- Any discomfort within the arm reaching towards the ceiling bring the hand on the hip instead.
+ Strengthens the legs, ankles and feet.
+ Opens the side body, chest, outer and inner thighs and the hips!
+ Builds stability and stamina.
+ A wonderful pose for building balance, coordination and grounding.
✨ Take a photo of your posture and share it on Facebook/Instagram with the tag @wildlove_yoga #wildlove30days
✨If you practice and share everyday you have the chance to win a brand new COMBO YOGA MAT from @yogadesignlab (you can choose your design so get looking!)
✨Members to the website can access the video library for the challenge and enjoy posture breakdowns. (Its free to sign up!)
Have fun and enjoy!
#yogalife #yogalove #yogapractice #yogalive #yogaflow #keeppracticing #loveyoga #vinyasa #meditation #gratitude #yogauk #yogateacher #yogacommunity #yogainspiration #vinyasaflow #yogaworcestershire #yoga #onlineyoga #30dayyogachallenge #yogaclasses #navasana #coreyoga #strongcore #corebalance #yogaposes #yogapostures #yogajournal #yogaprogress