Day 7 of the #wildlove30days yoga challenge!
Boat pose, the posture that everyone loves to hate even faithful Ashtangis may be willing to skip one of these in their practice! BUT we don't skip it, we don't avoid it and we certainly need to face it head on. As boat pose is a core posture it connects to the Solar Plexus chakra. This energy is all about motivation, will power, inner strength and facing problems head on, sound familiar? Core strength not only makes our body incredible strong it also organises the mind into a place of structure, strength and a powerful productive mind.
Boat Pose - Navasana
1. Starting from seated with the knees bent gently hug the fingers under the outer knees.
2. As you inhale lift the heart and lengthen through the waist & spine, as you exhale draw the belly in and away from the thighs. Press the back of the head back to encourage a little lightness within the feet!
3. Layer one, keep the core engaged and lift one foot, lower down, lift the other and lower down. Alternating without leaning or sinking into the lower spine.
4. Layer two bring the shins parallel to the ceiling, hug the inner thighs together & lift the heart away from the pelvis, be mindful to hug the lower ribs IN.
5. As your strength and confidence builds, explore by releasing the hands, without sinking into the lower back! Layer three lengthen the legs, core tight, either hold with the hands or let go.
6. Once you find a happy variation you can maintain I would like you to stay here for 10 breaths upto 1 minute, this isn't about the amount of time, this is about the quality of your awareness, your alignment and commitment!
If we think of exploring this posture with layers this is where we build strength and CONTROL. This posture is all about strength from within, not just throwing yourself up there and hoping for the best!
+ Strengthens abdominals, hip flexors, and spine.
+ Stimulates kidneys, prostate, thyroid and intestines.
+ Builds stamina and focus.
+ Relieves stress.
+ Improves digestion.
Log in to view the video tutorial!
✨ Take a photo of your posture and share it on Facebook/Instagram with the tag @wildlove_yoga #wildlove30days
✨If you practice and share everyday you have the chance to win a brand new COMBO YOGA MAT from @yogadesignlab (you can choose your design so get looking!)
✨Members to the website can access the video library for the daily video tutorials.
(its free to sign up!)
Have fun and enjoy!
#yogalife #yogalove #yogapractice #yogalive #yogaflow #keeppracticing #loveyoga #vinyasa #meditation #gratitude #yogauk #yogateacher #yogacommunity #yogainspiration #vinyasaflow #yogaworcestershire #yoga #onlineyoga #30dayyogachallenge #yogaclasses #boatpose #navasana #coreyoga #strongcore #corebalance #yogaposes #yogapostures #yogajournal #yogaprogress #wildloveyoga