Day 9 of the #wildlove30days yoga challenge
Virabhadrasana means "fierce warrior," so what better pose to help you face your fears and doubts? This pose uses the body’s natural flow of energy to stimulate it while working the legs with balance, helping you dig deeper into your inner reserves of strength and determination.
Warrior 3 - Virabhadrasana 3
1. Starting from standing at the back edge of the mat take a small step forwards with your right foot, begin to lean the weight of the body forwards into the sole of the right foot.
2. As you find your balance in the right foot lift the left toes away from the mat, With the upper body upright and the heart lifted inhale to reach the arms over head and interlace the fingers.
3. As you exhale draw in the lower belly and begin to hinge forward from the hips, finding counterbalance with the hands and head (inline if you can) and the back foot.
4. It's important to stay focused on the balance rather than the depth of the pose! Maintain a strong standing leg, kick through the left heel and turn the left hip towards the floor.
5. This will be one of those challenging postures that will test you but that's what they are for! Balances bring a deep focus within our lives on and off the mat, it also wakes up our strength and will power. If you fall out of it, don't give up, try again!
6. 5 long breaths holding the balance on each foot!
+ Strengthens the legs, ankles and feet.
+ Strengthens the arms, shoulders and upper back.
+ Strengthens the core.
+ Improves balance.
+ Calms the mind.
+ Improves focus and memory.
+ Helps coordination.
✨ Take a photo of your posture and share it on Facebook/Instagram with the tag @wildlove_yoga #wildlove30days
✨If you practice and share everyday you have the chance to win a brand new COMBO YOGA MAT from @yogadesignlab (you can choose your design so get looking!)
✨Members to the website (its free to sign up!) Can access the video library for the challenge and enjoy posture breakdowns.
Have fun and enjoy!
#yogalife #yogalove #yogapractice #yogalive #yogaflow #keeppracticing #loveyoga #vinyasa #meditation #gratitude #yogauk #yogateacher #yogacommunity #yogainspiration #vinyasaflow #yogaworcestershire #yoga #onlineyoga #30dayyogachallenge #yogaclasses #boatpose #navasana #coreyoga #strongcore #corebalance #yogaposes #yogapostures #yogajournal #yogaprogress