DAY 9 of the #Wildlove30days yoga challenge 🌿
A familiar balancing posture that will help strengthen the legs and feet but also help you gain more clarity within the mind. Balances bring poise and grace to the body but their benefits are much deeper, by working on our balance it allows us to have a one pointed focus, this in turn brings us into the present moment and nowhere else!
Tree Pose - Vrksasana
1. From a standing position, part the feet hip distance, gently lean the weight of your body into the right foot.
2. Allow your left foot to rest on the inner right ankle, calf, or inner thigh (above or below the right knee). As you find stability in the standing leg, think about lifting the torso upwards rather than sinking into the hip.
3. Slowly guide the left knee towards the left edge of the mat without twisting through the waist or hips. Finding balance and a soft gaze, as you inhale lift the heart and crown of the head up away from the hips.
4. Create a gentle engagement through the core by drawing the belly in.
5. Focus on something in front of you and trust yourself, if you fall out of it, get back in it. This is another posture that not only helps you focus but it gives you the motivation to try again!
6. If you have healthy knees and open hips you can try a half lotus posture with the bent leg, take note that this range of movement comes from the HIP & not the knee, the knee joint is closed and the hip is open to guide the upper leg into the rotation.
+ Improves balance,
+ Creates a deep focus
+ Improves memory
+ Helps coordination
+ Strengthens the legs, ankles and feet.
+ Strengthens core
✨ Take a photo of your posture and share it on Facebook/Instagram with the tag @wildlove_yoga #wildlove30days
#yogalife #yogalove #yogapractice #yogalive #yogaflow #keeppracticing #loveyoga #vinyasa #meditation #gratitude #yogauk #yogateacher #yogacommunity #yogainspiration #vinyasaflow #yogaworcestershire #yoga #onlineyoga #30dayyogachallenge #yogaclasses #boatpose #navasana #coreyoga #strongcore #corebalance #yogaposes #yogapostures #yogajournal #yogaprogress