Yes, these Blueberry muffins are hot off the shelf and are a brand new spring/summer recipe!! They're fluffy and have the most gorgeous simple flavours, and they are completely vegan friendly. TRUST me non vegans, you're going to thank me for this sweet alternative treat.
1 cup soya milk (we use tesco organic non-sweetened)
1 tsp apple cider vinegar (Sainsburys)
2/3rds cup caster sugar
1/4 melted coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 the zest of a lemon
2 cups self raising flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
x4 crunches pink rock salt
1 cup blueberries
+ Cupcake/muffin cases
1. Preheat the oven to 180. line the cupcake case with the cases!
2. Add the 1 cup soya milk to a clean jug, add the 1 tsp apple cider vinegar and stir well, leave this to curdle for 10 minutes.
3. In a separate bowl place the sugar, melted coconut oil, vanilla essence and lemon zest.Stir well, it will almost be paste like.
4. In another bowl stir through the dry ingredients, this is the flour, baking powder*, baking soda and salt. Please take note of the measurements for the soda & powder, don't get them mixed up!
5. When the milk and apple cider have curdled (niceeee) add this into the sugar mixture and stir well.
6. Stir in the dry mixture to the wet, you may need to grab an extra bowl for this! We all love the extra washing up in these recipes don't we!
7. Stir the ingredients well, slowly and gently and not to much. This isn't one for the food processor.
8. Stir through your blueberries, I used 1 cup and had a few dotted in each muffin, you may want to add 2 cups if you love your fruit!
9. Evenly distribute the mixture into your cupcake/muffin cases, they rise nicely so be mindful not to over fill.
10. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until golden brown.
11. Once baked transfer to a cool place and leave to rest until fully cooled, this allows them to finalise there baking process and not fall apart in eager hands! 12. I topped mine with edible rose petals, just because I love them, but as mentioned above, trust me, they don't need extras!
Have fun making these my loves,
Do get in touch and let me know how long they last, don't forget to tag me via facebook or instagram #wildloveyoga so I can see what you're getting up to!
Loads of love,